Session 1: Getting wiser
Goal: New perspectives on your deep emotional needs
- Understand attachment processes that subconsciously shape intimate relationships.
- These mechanisms affect your sense of trust and security – the core foundation of an intimate relationship.
- Consider ways to ‘buffer’ your relationship against forces that might weaken it.
Session 2: Vision and values
Goal: Tools for clarity. Focus on what really matters.
- Visualise and discuss your expectations and hopes.
- Plant the seeds of your desired relationship.
- Allow yourself time to share what is really important for you.
- Reflect upon how you intend to create these ‘ways of being’ in your relationship.
Session 3: Friendship
Goal: Tools to enhance connection – the cement of your relationship.
- Learn about the building blocks of your friendship and how to cultivate them.
- Get some tips from research on what makes relationships flourish.
Session 4: Differences and conflicts
Goal: Manage conflicts constructively.
- Learn what happens to you during conflicts and why.
- Develop strategies to deal with conflicts through authentic expression
Session 5: From conflicts to resilience
Goal: Learn to bounce back after an argument.
- Continue to practice authentic expressions during conflicts and add the skill of repair.
Bonus session: Gender differences
Goal: Experience what happens when men and women truly understand each other.
- Understand innate differences.
- Embrace core vulnerabilities and strengths.
- Useful tips to get your partner to better respond to your needs
The bonus session is covered fully by your Medicare rebates (without Medicare – $70 per couple)